The Critic's Dish

Server of dry wines and bitter spices.

Friday, September 01, 2006

Le Beau Monde: Style Challenge.

Le Beau Monde is my first online fashion competition that I’m running. My friends expressed interest in competing, so they are the competitors. Competitors are given a weekly challenge that they must respond to with a fashion drawing, much like Project Designer. I will remake the winning design of each challenge and well… the least fabulous design will be eliminated. The designer who remains at the end of this competition will receive a $25 gift certificate to Starbucks.

If you show interest in helping me judge this competition, please notify me.

Designers:

Alex Martin: An aspiring designer whose roots come from his mother, Barbara, a renowned elegante in the community.
Caitlin Campbell: A spellbinding chanteuse who has experience in fashion drawing.
Ekazo: A logic intellect with a sharp taste in aesthetics.
Jen Black: The Empress of “Guineveraeanism,” Jen has always held fashion in high regard.
Max McGowen: His fashion taste is as sophisticated and eclectic as the music he fancies.

FIRST CHALLENGE: Style.

I want to get to know you as a designer. In this challenge, you must make a design, whether it composes of an everyday outfit or a dress, which speaks to who you are as a designer. I want this outfit to be fabulous and NOT boring. One will win and one will be eliminated.


This is due Saturday, September 9th at 5:00 PM. Good luck! :D.


Here's my take on the challenge, in case any of you need guidance. Check my deviantArt site for information about the outfit.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home